Ang kinabuhi ug mga huna huna nako... My life and my thoughts....

Monday, April 21, 2008

My Abode - My Community Part 1


One of the things that helped me make up my mind in choosing my residence here in Japan is convenience. Having had to forgo the luxuries of cars and cabs (forgo because I am not allowed to drive here...parking also is way too expensive anyway, and cabs are too expensive-flagdown is around $6.60), closeness to public transportation (train station) and other vital institutions (such as a supermarket, koban (police station), bank ATM, conbini (convenience store), post office, and a department store) is very important. When I say closeness...I mean walking distance....The picture as indicated was taken (who else but by me of course...and with a dash of digital magic) just outside the Hanakoganei Eki. As can be seen...my building is very near the Eki. on the the side of the picture is INAGEYA (only NAGEYA can be seen in the pic), a midsize supermarket (of course not as huge as SM Supermarket but good enough)...inside it is also a McDonalds...in case you get hungry from doing grocery....hehehe...

No comments: