Ang kinabuhi ug mga huna huna nako... My life and my thoughts....

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Studying in Japan

Its been a long time (14 months) since my first post...got sidetracked when I moved here to Japan for studies. Just a short recap of what happened in the last 14 months. When I started this blog I was in the midst of applying for a scholarship to study in Japan. By march 2007 after so many months getting through the application process I was finally accepted (as part of 25 guys and girls). To celebrate my acceptance, me, my sister and my mom went to Singapore for a short holiday (another future topic i guess??) . By April I was attending Japanese language classes in Manila (I am, by the way, from the beautiful island of Cebu) . After 2 months of difficult nihongo classes (supposedly to help me in my stay here in Japan)..we had a break and prepared for our trip to Japan. Everything went by very fast (though I still was able to attend some conferences in between) and by July 2, we were off to Japan....The first 2 months proved to be very interesting...we stayed in one of the big hotels in Shinjuku (Shinjuku Washington Hotel) for 73 days...the longest I stayed in a hotel....living in the hotel had its ups and downs but it was generally a fun experience....since the university I was going to (and I think same with the rest of the universities here in Japan) will start the fall semester in September yet...we spent the next 2 months with more nihongo classes...but this time not as gruelling (though it was implied otherwise...thank God i was in the Mou Ichido Kurasu....aka....repeaters...) ....
September came and we moved out of the hotel....and into more practical accomodations for the rest of my stay here in Japan. My classes in Waseda started in late September and we finished end of January...And now its spring break.... and pretty soon, the spring semester will start...and that is what happened to me in for the past months in a nutshell....

No comments: